I received this item at no cost to facilitate my review. All opinions remain my own.
When we first decided to start a family, I didn’t realize just how difficult it would be for me to find clothing that supported our, apparently “unique” lifestyle choices. It seems to me that there is an abundance of quality maternity and nursing clothing out there, and an abundance of quality hiking and active wear out there. What seems to be lacking, is clothing that is suited to both maternity or nursing AND hiking. I found a gem of a tank top from Momzelle but had not yet found a bra that blew me away. I love my Momzelle Seamless Nursing Bra but find that its versatility can at times be its downfall. It does everything, so it excels at nothing. I was happy with mediocre until I was approached by the folks at Hotmilk Lingerie to try one of their bras. I snatched up their Vitality Yoga Nursing Bra without hesitation and have found my all-time favourite hiking bra! Honestly, it’s the only bra I’ll wear on the trails. I hereby dub it “The Ultimate Nursing Bra for the Hiking Mom”!
It is tightly woven, stretchy, soft, supportive, comfortable and has shown no signs of wear and tear after excessive use. Unlike my other nursing bras, the side sling (the part that stays connected when you unclip to nurse) is wide and supportive and will not get stretched out (and then awkwardly need to be tucked in all the time). Designed for yoga, this seamless compression bra “fits like a second skin and is built for low-impact activity and all-day comfort.” The racerback design offers support, stability and full range of motion, and keeps the straps out from under your heavy pack (or baby carrier). And unlike most other sports bras, there’s some serious adjustability available! From the adjustable elastic straps to the optional bra back extender, you’re sure to get the perfect fit!
Hotmilk Lingerie has somehow managed to not only create an incredible yoga bra (or hiking bra, as I use it) but also an amazing nursing bra. The clips are easy to use, and can be clipped and unclipped one-handed. The lack of removable pads in the cups makes it so that nothing gets folded or rolled or tangled with each nursing session. And the side sling support allows for skin-to-skin contact with your baby while feeding. I’ve been nothing but happy with this nursing bra from the start. I’ve worn it for days straight (with no odors!), under multiple layers or by itself, and I’m always comfortable and well supported. It is easy to nurse Huckleberry AND continue doing the things that make me happy, like hiking and camping.
The Star of the Show: Hotmilk Vitality Yoga Nursing Bra featuring…
- Adjustable elastic straps.
- Standard nursing bra clip with one-handed usability.
- Side sling support for skin-to-skin contact while nursing.
- Knitted panel pattern, pintucks and contrast binding details.
- Soft, seamless cup construction feels ultra smooth and comfortable. High contrast lining for an element of fun.
- Mesh venting for ultimate breathability.
- Seamless compression bra composed of 78% Polyester 14% Polyamide 8% Elastane. Double layering of the bra provides extra stability.
- Power rib support band under the bust provides extra stability.
- Racerback styling for full range of motion.
- Hook and eye band adjustment.
- Optional bra back extender.
What I love about my Hotmilk Vitality Yoga Nursing Bra:
- It is so comfortable! It is oh-so-soft and very breathable. I’ve worn it hiking, camping, out and about, under various types and amounts of layers, and it is always comfortable.
- It is fitted but not too tight! It is tight in all the right places, offering optimal support, but it doesn’t pinch or pull anywhere. I’ve had sports bras tug at my neck and shoulders and this one does not. It is designed for low-impact activities, so minimal bouncing, but I’ve found it’s enough support for all that I get up to!
- It is thin but still supportive! Thin means that it layers well, it packs small, it isn’t too hot or bulky or any of that jazz. Thin also means that if you’re cold, other might know it too (haha). But, with all its thinness, it is still supportive.
- It is fashionable and functional! It does everything that a yoga bra should do. It does everything that a nursing bra should do. And it does all of that while looking good! It is flattering, and statement-making, with its pintucks and high-contrast colour-pairings.
- It offers maximum range of motion! The racerback design means that there are no straps on your shoulders impeding movement, getting caught under backpack or carrier straps or sliding off your shoulder in the most irritating way. This bra is sure to help not hinder no matter the low-impact activity you choose to partake in while wearing it.
- It can be adjusted in multiple ways! I don’t think I’ve ever had a sports bra with adjustable straps or hook and eye adjustment. Maybe I’ve been shopping in all the wrong places or maybe Hotmilk Lingerie knows just what they’re doing. But you can tweak and fine tune the fit of this bra to no end and be comfortable wherever life takes you.
- It supports my lifestyle! Why is it so hard to find clothing suitable for outdoor moms? I had no issues finding hiking clothes before Huckleberry came along, and have no issues finding nursing clothes for everyday life, but jeesh! Anyway, this bra is the perfect companion for any mom looking to breastfeed while adventuring!
- It is competitively priced! At $50 CAD ($45 USD) this bra is competitively priced and quite affordable. The high-quality design also means that it will last through several breastfeeding journeys.
- It has an element of fun! Who doesn’t want a nursing bra that’s business on the outside and party on the inside?
What I would change if I could:
- It is not made in Canada. In an effort to remain honest and transparent, I try to find something that I don’t like about each product that I review, but that was particularly tough for this nursing bra. I think the only thing that could possibly make me like this bra more would be if it were made in Canada. Otherwise, it’s perfect!
Hotmilk Lingerie, as one can assume based on their name, makes more than just yoga nursing bras. They offer a wide range of maternity and nursing bras, sleepwear, and accessories in a wide range of sizes. Sexy to sporty, underwire or not, barely there to busty, they’ve got something for you! You can shop Hotmilk Lingerie online or use their stockist locator to find a store near you.
Wondering about sizing when shopping for bras online? Take the Bra Fitting Quiz to help you choose the right size.
Yoga? Hiking? Mountain climbing? What will you get up to in your Hotmilk Vitality Yoga Nursing Bra?
Are you particularly interested in the Vitality Yoga Nursing Bra, whether for yoga, hiking or otherwise? Try your luck at a giveaway and you can win one in either grey or blue. That’s right, one lucky mama will receive her very own Hotmilk Vitality Yoga Nursing Bra for all of life’s adventures, big or small! Enter using the widget below. The giveaway is open to Canada & USA and closes at midnight EST on July 19th. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions: Open to residents of Canada and the USA, 18 years of age or older. Confirmed winner(s) will be contacted via email and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be drawn. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the sponsor(s). Canadian winners must successfully complete a skill testing question. For questions or to see your product featured on Maman on the Trail blog contact Monica at http://www.mamanonthetrail.com/contact-me/