I received these items at no cost to facilitate my review. All opinions remain my own.
I spend a lot of time being active. You have noticed that, right? Okay, good. I also spend a lot of time breastfeeding. And those two activities don’t always go together easily. This is due mostly to the clothing options for easy boob access. Most of my nursing tops are dressy, heavy, or require two hands to get to the milk supply. I have two Glamour Mom nursing tanks that I pretty much wore exclusively for the first 4 months of Huckleberry’s life. I would alternate between the two of them and wash them once a week. As the weather started to get warmer, you can only imagine the state of those tanks, and I was in need of another option. Also, with the growing amount of weight in the carrier, having a little more shoulder coverage seemed like a good idea too. After a few searches online, I quickly realized that there are next to no nursing tops for active moms. Seriously, what’s up with that? Bras, yes, but tops, not so much.
My search was not fruitless though! I did come across Momzelle Breastfeeding Apparel and am so happy that I did! They pride themselves on making “nursing clothes for real moms”. They definitely have some dressy items, but what I love is the extensive selection of light, comfy, casual clothing suited for wear anywhere that life takes you. Julie, of Momzelle, invited me to choose any two items to try. With all of the hot weather that summer brings, I grabbed myself a MIA nursing tank. I was also really interested in a nursing bra with a little more support for hiking, running, yoga, etc., and that lead to me choose their Seamless nursing bra. Since those two items arrived in the mail, we have been inseparable! Quality, comfort, style, functionality; those words just barely begin to describe the awesomeness that is Momzelle Breastfeeding Apparel.
The Momzelle MIA nursing tank pairs well with shorts and hiking boots, or a skirt and some cute flats. I have worn it into the backcountry and out for dinner. It is long enough to not ride up under a carrier or backpack, and provides very easy, but discreet access for nursing Huckleberry, even in the carrier. And the Momzelle Seamless nursing bra fits so well underneath and gives me all of the support I need. And, you can choose to crisscross the straps for a little extra support while running. Plus, it covers enough that I feel comfortable wearing it without a top when camping in the stifling heat, doing a little yoga, or just hanging out at home.
Momzelle used to make an Active nursing top out of quick-dry fabric, and although it has been discontinued, a new version of it will be hitting their site within the year. Keep an eye out for the CHLOE nursing top, if that is something that interests you!
The Star of the Show: Momzelle Breastfeeding Apparel featuring…
Momzelle MIA nursing tank featuring…
- Soft fabric that is 94 % Cotton Modal and 6 % Spandex
- Scoop neck, sleek look, designed to flatter the postpartum figure
- Discreet overlapping fabric to access breast openings
- Adjusted width at the hips
- Universal breast openings that ensure discreet and comfortable breastfeeding experience
Momzelle Seamless nursing bra featuring…
- Universal nursing bra clasps
- Soft fabric that is 74% Polyester 20% Nylon and 6% Spandex
- Wide band that offers comfort and support
- Straps that can be crossed for style and sport
- Pads that can be easily removed
- 5 hooks to adjust for the perfect fit
- Seamless design to fit during pregnancy and nursing, and all of your everyday activities
What I love about my Momzelle Breastfeeding Apparel:
- It is comfortable! I am the kind of person that will not wear clothing if it is not comfortable. I almost always choose function over fashion. Both the tank and the bra are SO comfortable I could sleep in them! I mean, to find items that I can wear while hiking all day long suggests extreme comfort! I obviously have not tried their entire line, but their clothing is meant to make moms feel comfortable, so one can assume they are all just as soft and cozy.
- It is both functional & fashionable! How many other tops serve so well on and off the hiking trail? I don’t own another that is as comfortable while hiking AND dressy enough to hit the town in. You needn’t sacrifice fashion in order to be able to breastfeed while out, not function in order to feel pretty, confident and feminine.
- It makes breastfeeding discreet & easy! The openings in the MIA and other tanks and tops by Momzelle make nursing easy and discreet. I’d often start nursing Huckleberry and someone nearby would say “Whoa, that’s a nursing tank?!” And there are tops that have even more discreet openings like ASHLEY, VANESSA or SARA. And the bra, although nothing fancy, is easy to fasten or unfasten one-handed. And it will stay up even when unfastened if you have a squirming babe and can’t quite clip it right away.
- It is affordable! I’m not sure about you, but I don’t have hundreds of dollars laying around to blow on a bra and a tank top. But with Momzelle Breastfeeding Apparel you don’t have to. I actually took the time to go through all of their clothing, and 75% of what they sell is priced at $50 or less, with most of the items over $50 being dresses. And the average price of any regularly priced article is $47, and that doesn’t include their amazing sales! Therefore, you must agree, it is very affordable!
- The sizing chart is accurate! Shopping online can be tricky when it comes to sizing. Especially because every brand sizes their clothing just a little bit differently (ever nice of them!). Using the sizing chart, included below, you can very easily figure out exactly which size you need. Or simply follow their directions and “take the size you are used to wearing.” Your other option is to shop at one of over 60 retailers that carry Momzelle Breastfeeding Apparel.
- It is perfect for maternity & breastfeeding! Oh, dual purpose items! But seriously, almost all of their tops, tanks and dresses will fit and flatter your pregnant or postpartum figure, and allow you to nurse with ease. How cool is that?
- Momzelle offers free shipping & returns on orders over $60! This is true for those ordering from Canada, and you can find more information at Momzelle.com. And for those ordering from the USA, check out their American website for faster shipping.
- Momzelle is a Canadian company! I no longer feel any need to justify why this is a plus for me. #proudtobeCanadian 😉
What I would change if I could:
- The arm holes on the MIA are a little snug. I noticed this right away and was a little disappointed. But after a few wears and washes, it was no longer an issue. However, had it continued to be an issue, they return policy that Momzelle has is pretty incredible.
- They don’t currently carry any active wear. When I first discovered Momzelle Breastfeeding Apparel they were in the process of selling off the last few ACTIVE tops in a few remaining sizes, and unfortunately, not my size. However, like I mentioned above, they will be bringing in a new nursing top in breathable, quick-dry fabric to replace the discontinued one. So I look forward to test-driving that one on the trail!
Are you interested in buying yourself some of this great nursing apparel? If so, you can purchase directly from Momzelle online. Or, you can use their store locator to find a retailer near you. If you’re feeling lucky, check out the giveaway below to win a $50 gift card towards your next purchase of Momzelle Breastfeeding Apparel.
Which article of Momzelle Breastfeeding Apparel would you love to get your hands on? Are there any named after you? I think I’ll be purchasing a MONICA in the near future, ha!
Hosted by The Mommy Island & The Kids Did It
Summer is quickly coming to an end and it’s back to school shortly. But the fun doesn’t need to stop yet! Join The Mommy Island & The Kids Did It, along with 75+ other bloggers, in this Groovy giveaway hop! After you enter the giveaway on this blog, be sure to use the linky at the bottom of the page to hop around to the other blogs involved. Good luck!
Are you feeling lucky? Enter below for your chance to win $50 to spend at Momzelle’s online store! Treat yourself to a cute new dress, a casual tank, a comfy bra, even a nighty – and breastfeed with comfort, confidence and ease!
Terms & Conditions: Hosts & participating hop bloggers are not responsible for sponsors or self-sponsoring bloggers that do not fulfill prize obligations. Open to residents of Canada and the USA, 18 years of age or older. Confirmed winner(s) will be contacted via email and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be drawn. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the sponsor(s). Canadian winners must successfully complete a skill testing question. For questions or to see your product featured on Maman on the Trail blog contact Monica at http://www.mamanonthetrail.com/contact-me/