I received this item at no cost to facilitate my review. All opinions remain my own.
Sunburn? Check. Wait, what?
Yes, it has happened to us. We slathered Huckleberry with sunscreen before we left the house, we secured his hat firmly on his head, and we managed to stay in the shade most of the day. However, he ended up with a sunburn on his cheeks and one arm. The sun had been reflecting off of the water, even in the shade, and when we laid him down for a nap, his face was not protected by his hat. We felt like terrible parents but decided to do something about it instead of simply sulking.
I looked online and learned about anti-UV tents. Most of them pop up in seconds and fold back together fairly effortlessly. They are portable, light, and can be set up anywhere – campsite, dock, park, beach, backyard, living room, anywhere. After a quick conversation with Natasha from The Baby Footprint, a Babymoov Anti-UV Tent was in the mail and on its way to us!
Since then, no more sunburns! We now have a safe, cool, protected place for Huckleberry to play or nap when we’re spending time outdoors. There’s even enough room in the tent that one of us can lean in beside him to chat and play and tickle our little man. And pegs to secure the tent to the ground on a windy day! And when we’re done, it all packs, conveniently flat, into a bag with handles.
The Star of the Show: the Babymoov Anti-UV Tent featuring…
- 100% polyester tent that protects baby from 99% of harmful UVA & UVB rays
- Screen door too keep the bugs out
- Ties that hold the door open
- Peg loops to secure the tent to the ground
- Screen window opposite the door
- Velcro tabs to hold door closed
- Pocket to store pegs (2 currently in pocket)
- Included set of 4 plastic pegs (2 pictured)
- Convenient storage bag with handles
What we love about our Babymoov Anti-UV Tent:
- It pitches itself! Seriously, you pull it out of the bag and POP! it is pitched! So stand back! Ha ha.
- It protects against UV, bugs, sand & wind! The reflective polyester top of the tent protects baby against harmful UV rays, the sides provide a nice shelter from wind, the bottom keeps the sand out, and the screen can be closed to keep pesky bugs away.
- It is HUGE (for a baby tent)! I’ve seen a few other baby tents that barely fit a sleeping infant; but this one fits a few toys, half of a parent, and even a friend!
- It is light and portable! Weighing just over a kilogram, it is super lightweight. Also, the fact that it folds flat into a bag means that you can easily take it with you anywhere, leave it packed in the car for impromptu adventures, and store it easily at home.
- It can be pegged down! With how much time we spend next to big water, we’ve learned to love the wind. However, tents do not love the wind. You can easily peg this tent down with the 4 provided pegs whether on the grass, sand or even on the dock. Yup! We wedged the pegs between the boards on the dock, no problem!
- It is breathable! Tents can get pretty hot in the sun, but the reflective layer, screen door, and screen window keep this one cool when it’s hot!
What we would change if we could:
- It is not the simplest task to fold it flat. Can we enter into a safety circle for a moment? I’m going to tell you an embarrassing story. I was so excited about the Babymoov tent that I popped it open in the middle of our tiny living room and sat in it with Huckleberry. Confident in my ability to fold it, having had a few similar tents in the past, I attempted without reading the instructions. Seventeen times. No luck. I read the instructions for folding it and attempted again, seventeen more times. No luck. By this time, about twenty minutes had passed and I was in a full sweat. I collapsed on the floor, half in the tent and whined. Bookworm suggested YouTube. I watched two different videos a handful of times and tried again. And again. And again. No luck. Then finally, somehow I did it. But I was terrified to open it up and try again for fear that it would be another half an hour and a whole lot more sweat. I didn’t feel comfortable telling all of you how easy it was to fold if I couldn’t do it. It says right on the tag “Folds and unfolds in 3 seconds”. I’m an educated, intelligent, capable adult. I can do this, I told myself. I found a third YouTube video, in some language I didn’t recognize, and watched it a few times and Bam! I folded it flat. Again. And again. And again! To save you from the embarrassment of not being able to fold it flat, I made you a nice little video. You’re welcome!
If you’re interested in getting your very own Babymoov Anti-UV Tent, you can head to The Baby Footprint and pick one up, in-person or online, for just $61.99 CAD. A great investment in peace of mind in the great outdoors.
Where will you take your anti-UV tent? Tell me in the comment section below!
And now for the giveaway…
Feeling lucky? Well, it just so happens that Natasha at The Baby Footprint was feeling generous and is offering one lucky Canadian reader a Babymoov Anti-UV Tent in a quick giveaway. Get your entries in and good luck!
Terms & Conditions: Open to Canadian residents 18 years of age and older. Confirmed winner(s) will be contacted via email and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be drawn. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the sponsor(s). Canadian winners must successfully complete a skill-testing question. For questions or to see your product featured on Maman on the Trail blog contact Monica at http://www.mamanonthetrail.com/contact-me/