I received these items at no cost to facilitate my review. All opinions remain my own.
Summer is here and it’s officially “swim outside” season! The backyard pool, the beach, the splash pad, the cottage – we get up to a lot of swimming once the sun gets hot and the water is not so icy. My biggest complaint about that much time in the sun and in and out of the water is sunscreen. Applying it once is work enough, but then reapplying? And having to slather both myself AND a wriggly toddler in thick sunscreen, ugh, not my favourite activity. This is why my shoulders are currently burnt. Anything to make my life a little easier is a HUGE win in my books and Bummis Splash Swimwear line is big in my books! Especially the long-sleeve UV-Tee! We are huge fans!
Slipping this thin, lightweight, 35+ UPF factor top over Huckleberry’s head is so much easier than using sunscreen, and doesn’t need to be reapplied after countless dips into the water. Beyond the usual swimming activities, though, we have found our favourite use for our Bummis Splash UV-Tee: paddling! Sitting in a wide open canoe in the middle of a lake under the hot sun means that even those of us who take precautions and wear sunscreen can end up with a burn – but not Huckleberry! He was whiter than white under that incredible article of clothing! He’s a fair-skinned kid and I often worry about not covering every inch of him with enough sunscreen and the Bummis Splash UV-Tee takes a lot of that worry away. The swimsuit-quality fabric is soft, durable, breathable and milled in Canada, because Bummis prides itself in being “made here”.
Along with the new long-sleeve UV-Tees, Bummis Splash Swimwear line includes Swimmi One-Size Swim Diapers, Caps, Sun Caps and Swim Caps, and Tankinis all in coordinating prints. Paired with our whale UV-Tee we have a Swimmi One-Size Swim Diaper in the same print. As a cloth diapering family, it just makes sense for us to use cloth swim diapers, but these Swimmis are great for every family with little swimmers on their hands. Adorable, functional, adjustable and eco-friendly – how can you go wrong? We also have a matching Cap, and while it’s the cutest, we tend to prefer full-brimmed sun hats with chin straps for our adventures. They tend to stay on Huckleberry’s head the longest.
The Stars of the Show: Bummis Splash UV-Tee & Swimmi One-Size Swim Diaper featuring…
- High collar on neck for extra sun protection.
- Specially woven soft and durable swimsuit quality fabric with a natural UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) rating of 35+ (no chemicals).
- Bright and fun summer prints.
- Long sleeves for extra sun protection.
- Long body to prevent riding up.
- Front snaps on swim diaper for easy on and off.
- Double-gusseted legs to contain messes.
- 3 levels of rise snaps to accommodate babies ranging from 12-35lb.
- Design allows for liquids to pass through but messes to be contained.
What we love about our Bummis Splash UV-Tee & Swimmi One-Size Swim Diaper:
- It has a UPF of 35+! That is more that enough UPF for Huckleberry but if you want more, add some sunscreen underneath. I absolutely love that it is easy on, easy off, no mess sun protection!
- It offers full coverage! With the wide collar and long sleeves, this top has some serious coverage!
- It is lightweight & breathable! Huckleberry is a hot baby, honestly he sweats sitting still sometimes.So having something that is lightweight and breathable while he’s out in the sun is important to us. After a few hours paddling around a lake in the afternoon sun, he was cool to the touch under his Bummis Splash UV-Tee.
- It has some stretch! This makes it easier to pull over his head and comfortable for him to move around in. It also allows for a little room to grow.
- It is great for more than just swimming! We’ve used ours in a canoe and at the park, too! Where will yours take you?
- It is quick-dry! Nobody wants to sit around in soggy clothes. The Bummis Splash UV-Tee dries quickly in the sun and hasn’t caused any pruning yet!
- It is adorable! We don’t often care too much about the fashion side of things, but when something this functional is also that adorable, I’m more likely to gush about it with random strangers throwing compliments our way.
- It is high-quality, Canadian-made fabric! Made right in the Bummis factory in Montréal, this UV-Tee is made with careful attention to detail, good quality and fair labour practices. The majority of the fabrics and components are sourced in North America, and all are guaranteed lead-, phthalate- and BPA-free. And you all know how much we love Canadian-made products!
- It is adjustable! There are 3 sets of rise snaps allowing you to adjust the diaper to accommodate little swimmers weighing 12-35lb. This means that you probably only need one swim diaper from birth to potty training. Unless of course you can’t decide on just one adorable print!
- It is easy to use! It functions like any other cloth diaper making it simple enough for ‘sposie families to use too.
- It is functional! Approved for use at public pools and swim lessons, this swim diaper contains messes so that your little one can splash away happily where your adventures take you.
- It is double-gusseted! This is just a further emphasis of the functionality – we are huge double-gusset fans! That extra elastic around the legs is sure to save you from the embarrassment of a pool fouling.
- It is quick-dry! Whether Babe is hanging around on the beach post-swim, or you’re stringing up soggy suits on the clothesline, this diaper will be dry in no time!
- It comes in fun prints! With names like “Tampa”, “Lumberjack” and “Anchors Away”, you’ll fall in love with many of the 13 prints available.
- It is made in Canada! High-quality, long-lasting, beautiful cloth diapers (and more!) made in Montréal – it makes my heart sing!
What we would change if we could:
- The UV-Tee runs a little small. We’ve got Huckleberry outfitted in an XL, which is listed as 24-30 months or 30-35lb. Huckleberry is only 18 months, is hovering just under 30lb. and has just a little room to grow in the top. It is not tight by any means, but he’s at the low end of that range and won’t fit in it another season, I predict.
- The swim diaper is a little narrow. I recognize we’ve got a chunky toddler on our hands here, but the diaper does seem a little narrow between his legs and tends to bunch a little. This hasn’t caused any leaks yet and may not be an issue, just an observation in comparison to some of the diapers we like best.
If you are ready to make a splash with Bummis Splash Swimwear line, then head to Bummis Boutique online to shop UV-Tees, Swimmis, Caps and more in over a dozen fun prints! If you want to support my blog while shopping this line you can head to Well.ca*, Lagoon Baby* or Bumbini Cloth Diaper Company* to make your purchase.
Where will your little one wear their Bummis Splash UV-Tee?
Win a Bummis Splash UV-Tee!
One lucky reader will win a Bummis Splash UV-Tee for all of their aquatic adventures this summer! Enter the giveaway using the widget below. This contest is open to Canada and the USA and ends at midnight EST on July 4th. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions: Open to residents of Canada and the USA, 18 years of age or older. Confirmed winner(s) will be contacted via email and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be drawn. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the sponsor(s). Canadian winners must successfully complete a skill testing question. For questions or to see your product featured on Maman on the Trail blog contact Monica at http://www.mamanonthetrail.com/contact-me/
*Denotes an affiliate link. I make a very small commission when you shop through my affiliate links. Thank you for supporting the blog.