I received these items at no cost to facilitate my review. All opinions remain my own.
I swooned the first time I came across Slugs & Snails tights. It’s not often I swoon, and especially not over clothing, but they are just too cute! As I looked into them a little further, I only fell more in love with the brand and the tights themselves. Slugs & Snails tights were born out of a functional (and fashionable) need for boy tights, and really, unisex tights. Girls are always wearing tights under dresses and tights with sweaters and tights as a base layer, and so they aren’t losing their socks or fussing about the cold. But boys on the other hand! Ha ha. Seriously though, tights are so functional and they are often only made for and marketed to girls. Slugs & Snails has changed that by creating fun, playful, super soft and durable tights for boys AND girls! You can read more about the Slugs & Snails story here.
Beyond the practical, snugly warm and one-piece design side of Slugs & Snails tights, is the fashionable fun side. I so often see adorable photos of mothers and daughters in matching mother & daughter outfits, or fathers and sons in matching father & son outfits, but what about the boy moms of the world? And the dads of daughters? Well, Slugs & Snails solved that problem too with their matching prints in child and adult sizes! There are whole families decked out in Slugs & Snails tights and loving life! I have a pair of their mushroom tights in my size and love the whimsical feeling I get wearing them, and that I can dress to match my son. We obviously need to set up a photoshoot to capture our combined adorableness but let’s wait for warmer weather and greener grass, shall we?
Slugs & Snails tights were made with the damp chilly weather of West Ireland and the wild nature of toddlers in mind. They are soft, thick, durable, stretchy and come in a ton of jolly prints. From rainbows and mushrooms to robots and popsicles, you are sure to find one you like. Not sure what to pair the tights with? Slugs & Snails also makes pixie hoodies, elbow patch tops and dungaree shorts! We have the pixie hoodie and it is the sweetest thing, everyone comments on it when we’re out and about with our little man all decked out in his Slugs & Snails clothes.
The Star of the Show: Slugs & Snails tights featuring…
- Wide high-rise waist band
- Roomy bum to fit over cloth diapers
- Non-skid sole (with the size clearly indicated)
- Funky gender-neutral prints
- Soft, stretchy, durable and breathable cotton blend fabric with lots of room to grow
What we love about our Slugs & Snails tights:
- They are made with the “wild child” in mind! These tights are thick and durable and meant for the outdoors. They also have non-slip soles for littles just learning to walk and the kids who like to tear around the house. They are stretchy and non-restrictive so your little one can still crawl, walk, run, climb, and explore without trouble.
- They are super functional! No more lost socks! No more exposed ankles while in the carrier! You can pair them with anything! They can be worn under clothing as a base layer or on their own! And you can pack less while travelling because they are socks and pants all rolled into one. And most of the above is true for my tights as well.
- They are roomy! The breathable cotton that they are made from is nice and stretchy. There is plenty of room for cloth diapers and chubby thighs, and there is lots of room to grow!
- They come in fun unisex prints! No more “girls tights” or “boys tights”. These tights can be worn by any and all of your children, regardless of gender, and all of them will LOVE the funky prints. Moms & Dads will love them too!
- They come in adult sizes! Don’t pass up the chance to grab yourself a matching pair! Photoshoot, anyone?
- The sizing is accurate! I don’t trust sizes when it comes to children’s clothing, mostly because Huckleberry is an enormous kid (98th percentile since birth!) and never fits in his “age size”. So despite the fact that I measured him and checked their sizes/measurements, I still opted for a size larger than I needed. They were too big! But hey, that’s a good thing. He was still able to wear them while they were a little long, and he’s going to get a lot of wear out of them. My tights also fit perfectly! All that to say, you can trust Slugs & Snails sizing.
What we would change if we could:
- The adult-sized tights aren’t as good. On the adult-sized tights, the print does not continue all the way up over the bum the way it does on the kid-sized tights. This limits what I am willing to wear over my tights as not only to I need a top long enough to cover my bum, but it almost needs to come down to my knees or there’s an awkward section of plain yellow. This is obviously not a total deal breaker for me, but I would wear them more often if the print continued. Also, the adult-sized tights are not nearly as thick and warm and the kid-sized tights, which is a little disappointing, as I would love to use them more as a base layer for hiking in colder weather.
Where will your little one (& you) wear your Slugs & Snails tights?
Psst…check out this sweet giveaway!
Welcome to the March Into Spring Giveaway Hop!
Hosted by Mama the Fox
There are 20+ blogs participating in this giveaway hop! After you enter this giveaway, visit the linky at the bottom of the post to enter the rest. Mama the Fox is hosting a giveaway for a $100 Gift Card to Little Adventures! Little Adventures boasts of beautiful dress-up costumes for boys and girls. From princess dresses, jewelry and accessories to cloaks, swords and masks, they are sure to have something for your adventurous child. Their costumes are machine washable and perfect for daily wear. Read more about these awesome dress-up outfits here.
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME! Enter for your chance to win €50 (50 Euros) in store credit to spend on anything you’d like from Slugs & Snails! This giveaway is open WORLDWIDE so tell all your friends and share the love! Be sure to hop on over to the other giveaways using the linky below. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions: Open worldwide, must be 18 years of age or older. Confirmed winner(s) will be contacted via email and have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be drawn. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the sponsor(s). Canadian winners must successfully complete a skill testing question. For questions or to see your product featured on Maman on the Trail blog contact Monica at http://www.mamanonthetrail.com/contact-me/
MamatheFox and all participating blogs are not held responsible for sponsors who fail to fulfill their prize obligations.