I received this item at no cost to facilitate my review. All opinions remain my own.
Picture this: Your baby is 12 weeks old. His cheeks are rosy, drool is pouring from his mouth as if a tap was turned on, and he is attempting to shove his entire chubby little fist into his mouth. He is teething. You offer him every kind of teething toy you can find, but he is too uncoordinated and prefers his hand. You spend hours on the internet looking for teething mittens and can find only one option. You order it. It is not a good fit and you’re back to square one. What do you do?
Well, I can tell you what Madelynn Powell did. She found some patterns online and made her own teething mittens and her problem was solved. Fast-forward nearly 3 years, and some serious trial and error, and you have an Etsy shop owner with a mission to keep other parents from the same struggles she faced with her early-teether.
Huckleberry was very similar, around 14 weeks he started to show signs of teething. We’ve offered him plenty of different teething toys and although he will take them, he much prefers the simplicity, availability and portability of his very own chunky little hand. I’ve heard horror stories of babies gumming their hands raw while teething and wanted to avoid that, so I started looking online and actually came across Madelynn’s baby teething mittens on Instagram. All that to say, I didn’t have to search long and a local, affordable, and adorable solution presented itself to me. And while these mittens protect our trail baby from gumming his hands raw right now, they will also save him from biting himself down the road.
Through her Etsy shop, Easy Breazy Baby, Madelynn offers Velcro-Cuff Waterproof Teething Mittens for Babies, Velcro-Cuff No-Scratch Mittens, and Laundry Bags to wash the mittens in. And she ships them worldwide from her home in Waterloo, Ontario.
The Star of the Show: Easy Breazy Baby Waterproof Teething Mittens featuring…
- Velcro cuff that allows for an adjustable fit
- 3-ply food-safe wicking nylon capable of holding a lot of drool
- Soft flannel lining to keep baby’s hand warm and dry (summer version has cotton)
- Small slit to make it easy to put the mitten on
- Hidden layer of polyester that acts as a moisture barrier to keep hands dry
What we love about our Easy Breazy Baby Waterproof Teething Mittens:
- They fit chubby hands! Madelynn makes the mittens in four sizes (ranging from 0 to 12 months) AND four hand types (chubby or skinny and short or long) so you can get the perfect mitten for your teething baby.
- They are small and easy to take along! We are all about packability and these mittens pass the test. I can stick one in my pocket and not even know it’s there. And they are not bulky, so Huckleberry can wear it in any of our carriers.
- They are easy to wash and quick to dry! Both of which are important for a ferociously teething baby.
- They are affordable and you get two of them! A lot of the teething mittens I’ve seen online are sold separately, since you really only need one. But now you have a spare because with mom brain you’re bound to misplace one of them.
- They are multipurpose! Use them as no-scratch mittens or to help break the habit of thumb-sucking.
- They are made in Canada! I love shopping local when I can and I love when things I buy travel less. Madelynn is located in Southern Ontario, quite close to my hometown actually. So her mittens don’t need to travel far to get to Kingston.
What we would change if we could:
- They don’t always stay on. A little bit of elastic around the wristband would help tremendously to keep the mittens on, but they do stay on for a bit with the Velcro. And maybe our problem isn’t the mittens but the large about of chub on Huckleberry’s wrist. We talk about “cankles”, but no one ever mentions “wrarms” (I had to use Urban Dictionary to find that word).
- They might not fit him for long. And this only comes with the great sizing range offered. It’s really a good thing that they are not “one size fits all” but I’m a sucker for only having to buy something once.
For $13.99 CAD you could own your very own made to order set of Waterproof Teething Mittens. Simply head over to Easy Breazy Baby on Etsy!
Now, onto the giveaway! Enter below to win your very own pair of Waterproof Teething Mittens for a teething baby in your life…